In 2013, Shelter Insurance® helped bring the Show-Me STATE GAMES Torch Run back with a great start, including a run in six cities! The goal of the Torch Run is to create exposure for the GAMES throughout Missouri, with the ultimate goal of attracting participants to take part in Missouri’s Olympic-style sports festival in Columbia.
This year, the Torch will visit 10 cities, including Hannibal, Kirksville, Springfield, Kansas City, St. Joseph, Cape Girardeau, St. Louis, St. Charles, Jefferson City and Columbia. The Torch is run in some of our state’s most well-known parks and landmarks, including Missouri’s State Capitol and the University of Missouri campus and downtown Hannibal.
The Shelter Insurance® Show-Me STATE GAMES Torch Run would not be possible without the support of Shelter Insurance®, who is much more than a financial backer, but a true partner, providing support, volunteers and expertise to make the Torch Run events and the GAMES the success they are today.
2019 Shelter Insurance® Show-Me STATE GAMES Torch Run Schedule:
- Hannibal – April 5 at 11 a.m. – Central Park
- Kirksville – April 5 at 4 p.m.- Spainhower Field and School District Trail
- Springfield – April 15 at 5 p.m. – Cooper Tennis Complex
- Kansas City – April 18 at 12 p.m. – Mill Creek Park
- St. Joseph – April 18 at 4 p.m. – St. Joseph Visitor’s Center
- Cape Girardeau – May 7 at 1 p.m. – A.C. Brase Arena
- May 7 — St. Louis – Busch Stadium
- St. Charles – May 8 at 9 a.m. – Frontier Park
- Jefferson City – July 19 at 11 a.m. – Missouri Governor’s Garden
- Columbia – July 19 at 3 p.m. – University of Missouri; 3:30 p.m. – Shelter Insurance®
Individuals interested in running the torch can email Emily Lorenz at lorenzep@Missouri.edu for more details.