Online registration for Volleyball closed on July 1.
DeadlinesRegistrations are suspended as we gather more information.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Volleyball will not be held in 2020 and will return in 2021.
DATES: Saturday, July 18, 2020
11U, 12U Sunday, July 19, 2020
13U, 14U UPDATED - Saturday, July 25, 2020
15U, 16U, 17U, 18U Sunday, July 26, 2020
Women's Open If not enough teams enter to complete pool play, SMSG reserves the right to combine age divisions. LOCATION: Matches may be played at the following locations in Columbia, MO. Columbia Sports Fieldhouse ENTRY FEE: Youth - $200 per team
Adult Women / Coed - $175 per team DEADLINE: Last possible day to register for 11U-14U: July 7
Last possible day to register for 15U-18U, Coed, Women's open: July 13 CHECK IN: All teams must check-in at their competition site at least 30 minutes prior to start of first match. COMMISSIONER: For more information, contact the Show-Me State Games at 573-882-2101. HOW TO ENTER: Register Online: Show-Me State Games Online Registration - Volleyball OR Register by Mail: To enter by mail, please complete a Show-Me State Games entry form and mail it along with payment to: Show-Me State Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
Age Determination (2020)
18U - September 2001 to August 2002
17U - September 2002 to August 2003
16U - September 2003 to August 2004
15U - September 2004 to August 2005
14U - September 2005 to August 2006
13U - September 2006 to August 2007
12U - September 2007 to August 2008
11U - September 2008 to August 2009
**Players may play in multiple age groups as long as competition is not on the same day.
- Warm-Ups – shared 4 minutes + 1 minute for serving (if desired). Keep matches moving on time or early.
- The tournament will have round robin pools to seed a single elimination tournament.
- All teams will be guaranteed a minimum of (4) matches.
- All teams will have officiating duties for other matches. Failure to officiate will result in forfeiture of the first set of the team's next match. When officiating, each team is required to provide two linesperson, one scorekeeper and one umpire.
- Roster is limited to 12 players.
- Format: USAV rules will be used for all divisions, including coed.
- Pool Play: 2 sets. All sets to 25 - win by 2 (start at 4-4).
- Bracket Play: Best 2 of 3 sets. Sets 1 & 2 to 25 – win by 2 (start at 4-4). Set 3 to 15 – win by 2 (start at 0-0, switch sides at 8)
- Tie Breakers: If teams are tied on total sets, then in all sets between the teams:
- Head to Head sets
- Head to Head total points
- Overall total points
- Coin flip
- In coed play, we will use a 4-2 format. Two females must be on the court at all times.
- Uniforms are suggested but not mandatory.
- Each team must provide their own practice/warm-up equipment including balls.
- Work Teams - Teams must provide 2 Line Judges, an R2, and a scorer (simple tally sheet) for every assigned match. Parents and Coaches may act as members of the work team if the team wishes.
- Rules of Play - All USAV rules apply unless changed below. Please use the honor system to maintain compliance with these rules.
- 11U and 12U will use the VolleyLite ball and will not be allowed to step into the court during service attempts.
- May use 2 Liberos (can change either per set). Request that Liberos be in contrasting jersey.
- Either or both Liberos may serve in one rotational position.
- May substitute directly (USAV rules)
- May not use both methods in the same set
- We recommend that each player have proof of age/grade on hand during the tournament. Players must be able to show proof of age or residence if asked by Games officials.
Freshmen, JV and Varsity
- All MSHSAA rules will apply.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|VB019||Adult Coed Open|