Online registration for Hoopin' It Up Basketball - March closed on March 1.
DeadlinesRegistration is now closed.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Due to COVID-19 and our dedication to the health and safety of our participants and the community, the Show-Me State Games is cancelling our March Hoopin’ It Up and Spring Slam events. This is a decision made with support from health experts as well as the University of Missouri. The Show-Me State Games is an auxiliary of MU, and the event was also planned to take place on MU’s campus. As with all organizations, we are monitoring the situation on an ongoing basis as we look toward future events.
March 27-29, 2020
Various facilities in the Columbia, MO area.
MU Student Rec Center, 1000 Rollins St.
The entrance to the Rec Center will be on the north side of the facility. There will be an entrance off of Rollins St.
Entry by March 1 - $240 per team (scheduled for 4 games)
After March 1 - $265 and will only be accepted on a space-available basis, and will not be guaranteed a place in the tournament.
Last possible day to enter is March 19.
For more information, contact the Show-Me State Games office at (573) 882-2109.
Any qualified referees interested in working may contact Dan Calvin at email@example.com
HOW TO ENTER:
Register by Mail: To enter by mail, please complete a Show-Me State Games entry form and mail it along with payment to:
Show-Me State Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
- All teams must check in at least 30 minutes prior to their first scheduled game time at the location of their first game. Any team members who have not turned in a signed waiver must do so at this time or they will not be allowed to play.
GENERAL RULES / INFORMATION
- Games will be played at various locations around Columbia. Maps are located at the tournament desk at all sites. If you have any questions, please ask one of the tournament coordinators. Please pay attention to no parking signs on the MU Campus. Campus police will issue parking tickets for violations.
- All spectators aged 18 and over will be charged an admission fee at the sites ($10 for a weekend pass). Upon paying the admission fee, they will be given a card they must show each time they enter any facility, therefore admission will only be charged one time the entire weekend.
- A team’s age division is determined by the highest grade of any team member. For example, a 6th grader CANNOT play on a 5th grade team.
- A player may only play on one team during the tournament regardless of division.
- Any coach with more than one team in the tournament MUST have an alternate coach for either team due to possible scheduling conflicts. Games will not be scheduled around coach’s conflicts.
- Each team must furnish a worker for the table. One team will keep track of the scoresheet, the other will run the clock.
- Team uniforms must have numbers.
- Medals will be awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each division.
- Official Tournament Brackets will be posted at each site. Please check these upon arrival.
- Show-Me State Games shirts & other souvenirs will be available for purchase at the event.
- For 3rd / 4th / 5th / 6th Grade teams, games will be (16) minute halves. For 7th / 8th /9th Grade teams, games will be (18) minute halves.
- All games will use a running clock with the following exceptions: The clock will stop on all free throws, timeouts, injuries and any other time deemed necessary by the official.
- In addition, the clock will stop for all normal violations the last 2 minutes of the game.
- 1st overtime will be 2 minutes with clock stoppage according to Missouri State High School Rules. 2nd overtime will be sudden death.
- If at any point during the game, a team takes a 20 points lead or more we will play the “MERCY RULES”, meaning the clock will continuously run until the half or game expires. The clock will only stop on official time-outs, injury, or any other time deemed necessary by the officials. No Pressing.
- Teams are allowed three (3) time-outs per game. Time-outs will not carry over to overtime. Teams will be allowed one time-out each overtime.
- 7th, 8th & 9th grade boys teams will use the standard men’s ball. All other division (boys and girls) will use the smaller 28.5” basketball. Teams must furnish their own basketballs for warm-up and games.
SPECIAL RULES FOR 3RD GRADE
- Teams in the 3rd grade division will be required to play man-to-man defense at all times, even on out-of-bounds plays. No zone.
- Pressing will not be allowed in the 3rd grade division except for the last 2 minutes of the game.
- 2nd / 3rd grade teams will shoot free throws from a 12' line and must stay behind the line.
FOULS / TECHNICAL FOULS
- Any player or coach receiving 2 technical fouls will be ejected for the remainder of the current game and will not be allowed to play/coach during the next scheduled game.
RECREATIONAL / COMPETITIVE
- The Recreational Division will not allow pressing, except for the last two minute of the game. The Competitive Division will play by Missouri State High School Rules. Coaches of recreational teams should remind officials prior to game that the game is a recreational division game.
- If divisions must be combined between rec and competitive due to numbers, the division will play under the rules where more teams were registered.
ADVANCING TO SINGLE ELIMINATION BRACKET
- For advancement to the finals, ties will be broken by
- Win/Loss record
- Head to Head
- Average point spread of all games played (max. of 15 points per game)
- Fewest points allowed
- Coin flip
- In cases where 3 teams are tied with the same record, the tie-breaker process will not revert back to the beginning once a team has been eliminated.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|JH001||3rd Grade Boys Rec (March)|
|JH002||3rd Grade Girls Rec (March)|
|JH005||4th Grade Boys Rec (March)|
|JH006||4th Grade Girls Rec (March)|
|JH007||4th Grade Boys Competitive (March)|
|JH008||4th Grade Girls Competitive (March)|
|JH009||5th Grade Boys Rec (March)|
|JH010||5th Grade Girls Rec (March)|
|JH011||5th Grade Boys Competitive (March)|
|JH012||5th Grade Girls Competitive (March)|
|JH013||6th Grade Boys Rec (March)|
|JH014||6th Grade Girls Rec (March)|
|JH015||6th Grade Boys Competitive (March)|
|JH016||6th Grade Girls Competitive (March)|
|JH017||7th Grade Boys Rec (March)|
|JH018||7th Grade Girls Rec (March)|
|JH019||7th Grade Boys Competitive (March)|
|JH020||7th Grade Girls Competitive (March)|
|JH021||8th Grade Boys Rec (March)|
|JH022||8th Grade Girls Rec (March)|
|JH023||8th Grade Boys Competitive (March)|
|JH024||8th Grade Girls Competitive (March)|
|JH025||9th Grade Boys Rec (March)|
|JH026||9th Grade Girls Rec (March)|
|JH027||9th Grade Boys Competitive (March)|
|JH028||9th Grade Girls Competitive (March)|
|JH029||High School Boys (March)|
|JH030||High School Girls (March)|