Online registration for Spring Slam Volleyball closed on March 1.
DeadlinesRegistration due by March 17.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Due to COVID-19 and our dedication to the health and safety of our participants and the community, the Show-Me State Games is cancelling our March Hoopin’ It Up and Spring Slam events. This is a decision made with support from health experts as well as the University of Missouri. The Show-Me State Games is an auxiliary of MU, and the event was also planned to take place on MU’s campus. As with all organizations, we are monitoring the situation on an ongoing basis as we look toward future events.
Saturday, March 28
11U, 12U, 15U, 16U, Co-Ed
Sunday, March 29
13U, 14U, 17U, 18U, Women's
$175 per team. R1 will be provided. All other reffing duties will be the responsibility of the teams.
Registration will go through March 17
HOW TO ENTER:
Register Online: Show-Me State Games Online Registration - Spring Slam Volleyball
Register by Mail: To enter by mail, please complete a Show-Me State Games entry form and mail it along with payment to:
Show-Me State Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
- Warm-Ups – shared 2 minutes + 4 minutes each team (coaches can elect to waive their warm-up time throughout the course of the tournament). Warm-up time will start immediately following the previous match.
- The tournament will have round robin pools to seed a single elimination tournament.
- All teams will be guaranteed a minimum of (8) sets.
- All teams will have assigned officiating duties for other matches. Failure to officiate will result in forfeiture of the first set of the team's next match. When officiating, each team is required to provide lines judges, scorekeepers and the R2. Coaches must be present during their team's work shift.
- Roster is limited to 12 players.
- USAV rules will be used for all divisions, including coed.
- Pool Play: 2 sets. All sets to 25 - win by 2 (start at 4-4).
- Bracket Play: Best 2 of 3 sets. Sets 1 & 2 to 25 – win by 2 (start at 4-4). Set 3 to 15 – win by 2 (start at 0-0, switch sides at 8)
- Tie Breakers: If teams are tied on total sets, then in all sets between the teams:
- Head to Head sets
- Head to Head total points
- Overall total points
- Coin flip
- Each team must provide their own practice/warm-up equipment including balls.
Rules of Play
- All USAV rules apply unless changed below. Please use the honor system to maintain compliance with these rules
- May use 2 Liberos (can change either per set).
- Either or both Liberos may serve in one rotational position
- 5th and 6th Grade Division will use the VolleyLite ball and will not be allowed to step into the court during service attempts.
We recommend that each player have proof of age/grade on hand during the tournament. Players must be able to show proof of age or residence if asked by GAMES officials. USAV age requirements will be enforced for each age group.
For Co-Ed play
We will be using a 4-2 format, with two females needing to be on the court at all times. The R1 will be provided, with teams needing to be responsible for all other reffing duties. Warm-up times will consist of 4 minutes shared + 1 minute of combine serving.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|V3001||11 and Under|
|V3002||12 and Under|
|V3003||13 and Under|
|V3004||14 and Under|
|V3005||15 and Under|
|V3006||16 and Under|
|V3007||17 and Under|
|V3008||18 and Under|