Online registration for Darts closed on July 1.
DeadlinesRegistrations are suspended as we gather more information.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Darts will not be held in 2020 and will return next year.
DATES: Saturday, July 25, 2020
11:00am - Mixed Triples 601
2:00pm - Doubles 501
5:00pm - Singles 501 Sunday, July 26, 2020
11:00am - Doubles Chicago
2:00pm - Doubles Cricket
5:00pm - Singles Cricket LOCATION: Fraternal Order of Eagles
2513 N Stadium Blvd
Columbia, MO 65202 ENTRY FEE: $12 per person, per event DEADLINE: Pre-registered entries must be postmarked or received via the internet no later than July 21. HOW TO ENTER: Register Online: Show-Me State Games Online Registration - Darts OR Register by Mail: To enter by mail, please complete a Show-Me State Games entry form and mail it along with payment to: Show-Me State Games
1400 Rock Quarry Rd, Entrance 5
Columbia, MO 65211
- In a game of 501 the object is for one player or a team to be the first to reach zero from starting total of 501.
- In simple terms, after three darts are thrown, the throwing player subtracts the total scored from his current total until he reaches zero.
- In order to reach zero each player must finish by throwing a double i.e. if player one has 36 remaining he must hit double 18 to win, while if player two has 45 remaining he must hit single 5, double 20 to win - or a another combination of scores provided the final dart scores on a double
Number of Players: Two individual players or two teams.
Numbers in Play: 20,19,18,17,16,15, and bull's-eye.
The objective shall be to 'own'/'close' certain numbers on the dartboard, and to achieve the highest point score. The player/team to do so first, shall be the winner.
Each player/team shall take turns throwing. (Three darts in succession shall constitute a 'turn'/'Inning'.)
To close an inning, the player/team must score three of a number. This can be accomplished with three singles, a single and a double, or a triple.
Once a player/team scores three of a number, it is 'owned' by that player/team. Once both players/teams have scored three of a number, it is 'closed', and no further scoring can be accomplished on that number by either player/team.
To close the bullseye, the outer bull counts as a single, and the inner bull counts as a double.
Once a player/team closes an inning, he/they may score points on that number until the opponent also closes that inning. All numerical scores shall be added to the previous balance.
Numbers can be 'owned' or 'closed' in any order desired by the individual player/team. Calling your shot is not required.
For the purpose of 'owning' a number, the double and triple ring shall count as 2 or 3, respectively. Three marks will close an inning.
After a number is 'owned' by a team, the double and triple ring shall count as 2 or 3 times the numerical values, respectively. Winning the game:
- The player/team that closes all innings first and has the most points, shall be declared the winner.
- If both sides are tied on points, or have no points, the first player/team to close all innings shall be the winner.
- If a player/team closes all innings first, and is behind in points, he/they must continue to score on any innings not closed until either the point deficit is made up, or the opponent has closed all innings.
It shall be the responsibility of the player to verify his score before removing his darts from the dartboard. The score remains as written if one or more darts has been removed from the dartboard. In accordance with the inherent "strategy" involved in the Cricket game, no alterations in score shall be allowed, after the fact.
Games will be played by flipping a coin to call first shot a bull. player/team closest calls who goes first with alternating start for each match after.
|Event Code||Event Name|
|DA501||Mixed Triples 601|
|2019 SHOW-ME STATE GAMES|
|1||Jameson Aitken, Keith Gardner, Amanda Gardner|
|2||Andy Harris, Craig Ponder, Ambir Pruitt|
|3||Jason Snodgrass, Shawn Snellen, Machayla Gardner|
|Doubles 501 Men|
|1||Keith Gardner, Jameson Aitken|
|2||Gage Long, Andy Gamble|
|3||Andy Harris, Craig Ponder|
|Doubles 501 Women|
|1||Sara Strafford, Kate Buchner|
|2||Ambir Pruitt, Tracy Nowlin|
|3||Amanda Gardner, Machayla Gardner|
|Men Singles 501|
|Women's Singles 501|
|Women's Singles Cricket|
|Women's Doubles Cricket|
|1||Karen Buchner, Sara Strafford|
|2||Amanda Gardner, Machayla Gardner|
|Men's Single Chicago|
|1||Jameson Aitken, Keith Gardner|
|2||Gage Long, Andy Gamble|
|3||Paul Pruitt, Adam Brocker|
|Men's Single Cricket|
|Men's Doubles Cricket|
|1||Adam Brock, Paul Pruitt|
|2||Keith Gardner, Jameson Aitken|
|3||Jason Snodgrass, Mark Nowlin|