Shelter Insurance Torch Run
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The Show-Me State Games along with Shelter Insurance® is excited to announce the schedule for the 2018 Torch Run.
The mission of the Shelter Insurance® Show-Me State Games Torch Run is to generate exposure and enthusiasm for the Show-Me State Games throughout Missouri. The Show-Me State Games is an Olympic-style sports festival offering more than 40 events for all ages and ability levels. The 2018 GAMES will take place on June 8-10, July 20-22 and July 27-29 in Columbia.
This year, the Torch Run will be visiting ten cities. Individuals interested in running the torch can email Emily Lorenz at peurrunge@Missouri.edu for more details.
The full schedule is as follows:
• Joplin- March 22, 1 p.m. Missouri Southern North End Zone Facility
• Springfield – March 22, 5 p.m.: Cooper Tennis Complex
• Kansas City – April 13, 1:30 p.m.: Mill Creek Park
• St. Joseph – April 13, 5 p.m.: St. Joseph Visitor’s Center and Missouri Western
• Hannibal – April 17, 11 a.m.: Central Park
• Cape Girardeau – May 7, 1 p.m.: A.C. Brase Arena
• St. Louis – May 7, 7 p.m.: Busch Stadium
• St. Charles – May 8, 10 a.m.: Frontier Park
• Jefferson City – July 20, 11 a.m.: Missouri State Capitol
• Columbia – July 20: 3 p.m.: University of Missouri; 3:30 p.m.: Shelter Insurance®
The Torch Run will culminate with the Opening Ceremonies festivities at Mizzou Arena on Friday, July 20 at 7 p.m.
“The Torch Run is a great way to show Missourians the benefits of participating in the Show-Me State Games. We enjoyed helping share that message and look forward to the event this year,” said Frank Thompson, Vice President of Marketing for Shelter Insurance® and Show-Me State Games Steering Committee Chair.
“The Torch Run fits right in with our Olympic tradition and helps us get the word out about the GAMES and our mission throughout the state of Missouri. We are so grateful for the support of Shelter Insurance® in helping make this possible,” said Dave Fox, Executive Director of the Show-Me State Games.
The Show-Me State Games was established in 1985 as a non-profit program of the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness & Health. Now the largest state games in the nation, the Show-Me State Games is hosted by the University of Missouri. In addition to the summer games, the Show-Me State Games offers events throughout the year to promote health, fitness, family and fun. For a complete schedule of events and more details, visit www.smsg.org or call 573-882-2101.
- November 2023
- August 2023
- June 2023
- April 2023
- November 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- August 2021
- June 2021
- September 2020
- July 2020
- April 2020
- December 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018